– 1/2 cup ddeokguk ddeok (thin sliced rice cake)
– 1/4 cup myeolchi (dried anchovy), 6 cups water
– 2 green onions, chopped, 4 oz beef, thin julienne
– 1 egg, mixed, 2 sheets seasoned gim (dried seaweed), crushed
– 1/4 tsp soy sauce, 1/4 tsp sesame oil, 1/8 tsp sugar
– 1/8 tsp pepper, 1/8 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 tsp salt
Put ddeok gook ddeok (thin sliced rice cake) in a cold water for 30 minutes.Marinate beef in a soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper, sugar and minced garlic. Saute beef.Set aside.In a pot, add cold water and myeol chi (dried anchovy), bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 5 minute. Take out myeol chi (dried anchovy). Add ddeok gook ddeok (thin sliced rice cake), bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10- 15 minutes until tender. Add green onions. Pour the egg in a little at a time. Let the egg set, then stir. (If you stir right after egg in, the broth gets milky.) Garnish with sauteed beef and some gim.